Edanz Group Japan are looking for part-time, freelance copy editors to join our Freelance Quality Control Team.
The position involves working from home, providing a final copy edit and/or proofread to a variety of STM documents, as well as providing feedback to our freelance field-specific expert editors. Note that we are looking for candidates who have availability to work during our business hours (8:30-18:00 JST).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, English-language institution
- Native English speaker
- Private (not shared) PC, using a private Internet connection
- Two years’ professional copy editing/proofreading experience
- Editing certification (e.g., BELS, SfEP)
- Copy editing/proofreading experience for a scientific or technical publication or similar
- Familiarity with scholarly publishing
- Skills needed
- Excellent English grammar and language ability
- Good writing skills and a love of language
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities
- Quick learner who can handle a wide range of tasks
- Highly computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible - comfortable with varying amounts of work
The hours are flexible, though working during Japan office hours (8:30-18:00 JST ) is preferred. Applicants should be available for at least at least 3 days per week on a regular basis. Members of our Freelance QC team stipulate a maximum quota of pages that they are available to copy edit/proofread per day.
Please send a CV and cover letter with “Freelance Quality Control Position” in the subject line of your email to Laura Luse, Editorial Resource Administrator, at lluse [at] edanzgroup.com.
Be sure to include contact information for at least two professional references who are familiar with your work and can be contacted via email; applications without professional references will not be considered.
Please understand that, owing to the large number of applications, unsuccessful applicants may not receive a response.